Sunday, September 4, 2011

PIZZA...THE COMMON THEME

This weekend...Cindy & I made a trip to Vincennes to visit her mom. While there...we got a pizza from Bobe's. I don't know exactly what it is about their pizza...but we think it's maybe the best pizza around.

Earlier this week...one of my Facebook friends also said they were heading to Vincennes for the weekend...from their home in Ohio...and they too commented they were gonna be getting some pizza from Bobe's.

One of the pizza joints in Lafayette is Arni's. For many people who have grown up in Lafayette...and moved away...each time they come back to Lafayette...the conversation includes...we gotta get some pizza from Arni's.

Daughter Joni lived in Chicago for a number of years and I'm pretty sure she has a favorite pizza joint up there...that they return to when they get to Chicago.

When I visited my brother in San Francisco years ago...one of our meals was at a pizza joint...I assume one of his favorites.

I suppose we 'all' think...that the pizza that we grew up with...or that we've found during our years of living some place...is the best pizza there is.

Maybe we're all right.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment