Tuesday, October 18, 2011

80 SOMETHINGS

Today I passed by the emergency room waiting room...and I saw a group of five 80-somethings giving each other a big hug. The hugs were very serious...they weren't old friends meeting after not seeing each other in years...or they wouldn't be meeting in an emergency room waiting room. It was much more serious than that.

My guess...is that there was a sixth 80-something...back in an emergency room...and it wasn't good...and that's why the other 5...were giving those serious hugs. It was likely the situation for the missing member...wasn't good.

I'm glad those 80 somethings had each other...to lean on...and care about.

One of these days...I may be one of those 80 somethings...and I'm gonna want somebody to hug...or be there to hug my 80 something buddy.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment