Wednesday, July 25, 2012

2 YEARS

Two years ago this Sunday the 29th...Cindy & I sat in my doctor's office and heard these words..."We've got the biopsy results back and...Dan...you have cancer."

Well...Cindy & I did what we had to do...and two years later...I am still here and feeling good. Tests every few months tell us the cancer hasn't returned.

In those 2 years...one of our friends was diagnosed with cancer too. After treatment...their tests are telling them too that their cancer hasn't returned.

In those 2 years...my brother was diagnosed with cancer...and died in less than 6 months.

Most recently...our niece's husband was diagnosed with cancer. This Friday...he finishes his chemo and radiation. His journey has just started...but family and friends are praying that it will be a...not too bumpy...road to recovery.

Cindy & I are grateful to our friends and family who have reached out...who have prayed...who have uttered kind and supportive words...for me...for our friend Lisa...for my brother Dave...and for Terry.

There is a reason all of these events have happened. Many of those reasons are yet to be discovered...but we are all on the road to that discovery.

Thanks to all of you.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment