Sunday, April 24, 2011

FOUR POINTING BACK

For several months...Cindy has not been able to send me text messages from her phone. For those several months...we agreed we needed to stop by AT&T and get her a new phone. Neither her or I are 'smart' phone users...but we thought that might be a direction we would have to go with Cindy.

Finally...yesterday...we found some time to stop by AT&T...and describe the problem that we were having with Cindy's phone. She could call and get calls to and from everyone...she could receive text messages from everyone...and she could send messages to everyone...except me.

As the phone guy was checking her phone...a light bulb finally came on above my head. I teasingly said..."maybe it's not her phone...maybe it's my phone that's not working...maybe my phone is blocking hers".

So I handed 'my' phone to the service guy...and sure enough...he clicked a few places here...and a few places there...and found that I had a 'block' on Cindy's text messages.

I don't know how I did it...but I apparently hit a few keys a few months ago and unknowingly blocked her phone.

I thought about the sayings my old elementary teachers warned me of..."remember when you point one finger at someone...four are pointing back at you".

Here I had been blaming Cindy and her phone for not sending messages to me...and all along it was my phone...blocking her.

We laughed...and she razzed me about blocking her phone so I didn't have to get messages from her...and we left with our old phones and headed home.


Dan

1 comment: