Tuesday, October 16, 2012

THE NEW LITTLE PUMPKIN

There’s something special about this new little pumpkin that has entered my life…Eleanor Corinne Koerner…Ellie.

Maybe it’s just been a long time since we’ve had a new little one to love. Our other grandchildren are 11, 11 and 9. None of them comfortably fit on my lap anymore…they are just too big. They still try it…and I love it when they do…but they are a lap-full. This new granddaughter is barely 2 hands-full…and I can’t get enough of it.

I wonder if it’s the reality of life that is sinking into me too. I won’t have these little people…this little…forever…evidenced by how fast those others became 11, 11 and 9 so quickly.

I need to enjoy every minute of this ‘little’ stage while I can.

Anna…my other granddaughter…is already 11 years old…going on 20. By the time my new little pumpkin…Ellie…is 11…I’ll be 70 years old. My life will have changed a lot in those 11 years I assume.

Some of those changes I may not like…aging bones…a bigger waistline…white hair…loss of older loved ones…loss of friends…those things that come with retirement…and aging.

Some of it I ‘will’ like…watching my other grandchildren grow…maybe having more grandchildren…time with Cindy.

So…until that time comes…I’m gonna get in every squeeze…every hug…every kiss that I can with my new granddaughter. I have tried to be a good papaw to my other grandbabies and they know that I love them…and always will. My new little pumpkin is gonna know her papaw just loves her to no end…too.

I look forward to every moment I can have with her.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment