Friday, November 27, 2020

Can I do this again?

Somewhere around 2010-2011 my brother Dave was sharing some of his thoughts and ideas on his blog site with those that were interested. I didn't always agree with what he said, (and I told him so occasionally), but he was a good read anyway and made me think about the point he was trying to make. Dave knew I liked to write so he encouraged me to share some of 'my' thoughts so I created my own blog site. He complimented me often on my perspective of things and was a driving force for me to keep writing.

When Dave died in 2012 I sorta lost my MOJO and stopped writing. Today, I stumbled upon some words that just seemed to have a new meaning to me than they had before and my blog site popped into my head...and here I am. 

I haven't submitted anything to this site in 7 years so I will likely be a little rusty, so bear with me for awhile as I try to figure this thing out. 

Can I do it again? Let's see.

I have a couple of stories in my head that I will work on and submit in coming days. Until then, I'll share a sweet, innocent comment made by my youngest granddaughter.

Cindy and I are blessed with 6 grandchildren, two from each of our daughters. Our youngest is Ruby who will turn 6 in just a few days. Ruby and her bigger sister Eleanor were over a few days ago and we were in the basement playing. Over to the side of the basement was a small pet carrier that Ruby noticed. Ruby asked me if that was ours and I said, no that it was 'old mamaws'. (Cindy is known as mamaw to the grands, Cindy's mom who lives with us is called 'old mamaw'). Anyway, Ruby thinks for a few nanoseconds, leans over closer to me and says quietly, "does old mamaw fit in there?"

Talk to you later.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment