Saturday, May 21, 2011

MY FAVORITE

This time of the year...is my favorite time.

In April and May and early June...the weather is getting warmer...the days are getting longer...my pale skin gets a little more color in it.

Sometimes I get into that 'glass half empty' mode...thinking that June 21...is the longest day of the year...the summer solstice...and from that day forward...the days get shorter...and fall and winter are on their way.

But until then...I will enjoy my favorite time of the year.

Ahhhhh summer...where have you been?


Dan

1 comment:

  1. Two years ago I happened to be working for two weeks at an estate in England near Stone Henge at Summer solstice. Walked over the hills with a friend so watch all the kooky people gathered there for the date several times over the weekend.
    It was really fun...and slightly creepy.
    Kind of glad I'll be in my own back yard this year. I might wear flowers in my hair or something ...but I probably won't sacrifice anything.
    Don't you just love the world?!

    ReplyDelete