Tuesday, July 19, 2011

WORKING HARD ?

On a frequent basis...someone at work will ask me...'working hard?'

On my way home today...with the thermometer reading in the 90's...I thought of this question...and thought of my dad.

Dad was one of the more hard working men I ever knew. His work days were long...not all...but much of his work was outside. Working outside...doing manual labor...in this kind of heat...now THAT is 'working hard'.

My work is inside...in air conditioning...with the benefit of equipment that does the manual labor...and simply requires me to know which button to push to make it work.

I try to work efficiently...and smart...but I should never answer the question...'working hard?'...by saying yes. That would be disrespecting my dad.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. I always think of Kenny who once worked 72 straight days in a factory to support his five children plus all of us who hung out at their house....and never complained. Given that, I never feel like I have anything to complain about.

    ReplyDelete