Thursday, July 28, 2011

YEAR OLD NEWS

July 29, 2010...will be one of those days that I will likely always remember...for it was on that date...1 year ago...that Cindy & I sat in a doctor's office and heard those words..."well...we got the test results back...and you have cancer."

The last year has been a blur of activities...tests...surgeries...recovery...more tests...more recovery.

Just days ago...Cindy & I met with my surgeon for my 9 month test results...and heard the words that just never gets too old to hear..."there is no sign of the cancers' return."

He is equally open to saying that...it's not over. He told me when we started this journey 10 months ago...that he would check me frequently over the following 5 years. If...at the end of those 5 years...the results are still negative...I will be able to say...I 'had' cancer...but don't have it any longer...but not until then.

We're 1 year into the diagnosis...and 10 months  into the recovery from surgery...and the reports are good.

Both Cindy & I still get a little emotional...a year later...when we think of that day...and those words...but life has been good to us...and our purpose here is not over.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment