Tuesday, December 1, 2020

1917

There was a free movie weekend recently on our local TV station and for the 4th time I watched the movie '1917'. I first saw the movie in January on vacation in Texas and found it fascinating and have enjoyed it each time I've watched it. 

If you haven’t seen it yet, I’d encourage you to rent it and watch it…in fact, watch it twice. 

The first time you will get an idea of what the soldiers of WW I endured in that early 20th century world war. You'll also learn the story of one day in the lives of two soldiers as they carry out an order from their commanding officers. 

The second time you can enjoy what I'm in awe of...the way it was filmed. Unlike any movie I’ve ever seen, it was made to appear as if the director used only one camera to film the entire movie. There’s no shot from this angle, then that angle, then back to the original angle. There’s no shifting from this scene with these actors to another scene with different actors. The movie starts with the camera on the main characters and it doesn’t leave them as they proceed to their destination. 

I don’t consider this a spoiler alert to what the movie is about and what happens in the movie, but rather knowledge to enjoy the way it was filmed. 

Let me know what you think.
 
REMEMBER:
 
Don’t ask God why he’s allowing something to happen. Ask Him what He wants you to learn and do in the midst of it.
 

Be talkin' to you.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment