Thursday, June 3, 2010

BACK FROM DISNEY

I have stories to tell...and I'm not sure where to start.

We got in, in the 'early hours' this morning. Cindy & I were up early...her to starting the laundry and straitening the house...me to looking through the mail and getting the bills paid 'on-line' that needed to be paid.

The 8 days at Disney flew by...about as fast as the 100 days leading up to our leaving!

In my previous blog...I mentioned that I was looking forward to seeing the grandkids faces as that jet took off (their first time on a plane) and their faces as they saw the Magic Kingdom for the first time.

Neither disappointed.

The grins and wide eyes as that jet lunged forward down the runway was fantastic. They couldn't contain their excitement. And we have a profile view of Anna (caught by our camera) as she rounds the curve at the entrance of Magic Kingdom and looks down Main Street...seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time. It was something Walt Disney would put on his wall...with the caption..."this is exactly why I built this place"...above it. That picture will go in a frame to be proudly displayed for years to come.

As I write, the grandkids are playing in the house...Julie has headed to work to brag to her workmates...Jaime & Shawn have headed to the store to restock the groceries...Joni & Ryan haven't checked in yet...maybe still in bed.

Tomorrow...a few of us head to work...just for a day to ease our way back into the work world. We'll have a few baseball games to get the boys to. I'll need to mow. We'll need to get pictures developed. We read NO newspapers and watched very little TV while on vacation so I know very little of what happened in the world during the last week. We saw on the TV in the airport that the oil spill is still going on and that Dennis Hopper died. Outside of that...I'll have to hear about it from others or not worry about it.

There's lots to do after returning from a vacation. Most of it 'work' that we haven't done for the last week. There's also lots of 'rememberin' that I need to do so I can get you some stories.

I look forward to it. Hope you do too.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment