Sunday, May 23, 2010

48 HOURS TO THE LAST BLOG

Alright...maybe that's a little dramatic. It's sorta right...but not totally. Let me fill in some blanks.

Last year, our family decided it would be an opportune time to have the family go to Disney World. Cindy & the girls haven't been in over 10 years. I haven't been in nearly 15. Ryan (Joni's husband) hasn't been in over 20. Shawn (Jaime's husband) has never been. Our 3 grand babies can't even imagine what we're trying to describe they will see. Their ages are almost 9 (2 of them) and almost 7. The perfect ages, in our opinion, for them to go.

The decision was made. The summer of 2010...we'll ALL go to Disney World.

As Christmas approached...Cindy & I decided we'd give all of them a special gift. The trip would be on us. (Well...flight, hotel and park tickets anyway.) Anything they find to spend money on down there...will be on them.

So we made calendars for the 3 grand kids...and I created a running calendar on my computer screen. The countdown was on...

100 days to Disney

It seemed like a long way away...then. Now...we're approaching the final 48 Hours

The grand babies will go to school Monday & Tuesday. Jaime & I will go to work Monday & Tuesday. We will go to Mason's baseball game Monday night. We will go to Owen's baseball game Tuesday night. Then we'll pack the vehicles and head to Indianapolis to spend the night at a nearby Indy hotel.

At 5:30 Wednesday morning, we will board a shuttle at the hotel to be driven to the airport. Our flight is to take off at 7:00am and land in Orlando at 9:12. We'll travel to our Disney hotel...check our bags, pick up our park tickets, and head to the Magic Kingdom.

I look forward to seeing the faces of those grand babies at 7am when that jet takes off down that runway. And I look forward again to seeing them...when we walk down Main Street of the Magic Kingdom, towards Cinderella's Castle.

I have a feeling...those are looks I will never, and don't want to ever...forget.

We'll spend 8 days going to all 4 parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We'll get on every ride and see every show that we want to...and likely go back again to the ones we really like. We'll eat...we'll swim...we'll run ourselves to exhaustion...go to bed...and do it all over again. We'll have a blast.

The computer is not going. It's a vacation. This may be the last blog...until I get back. Oh...I have a feeling I'll have plenty to tell when I return!

I am looking forward to it.

Dan

1 comment: