Saturday, May 8, 2010

THE 5K SURVIVOR

Daughter Jaime and I just got back from Indianapolis to run the Indy 500 Festival 5K Run. We thought the mini-marathon (13.1 miles) was a little too much so we chose the 5K which is 3.1 miles.

We survived.

May is a busy month in Indy with the Indy 500 race as the main wrap up. The city has events every weekend leading to the race...parades...concerts...and the largest mini-marathon in the country. There were 35,000 participants in it...Jaime and I were part of the 4000 that ran the 5K.

It was a chilly morning but once we got running we didn't notice. Now...we're back in town...and we have to help Jaime & Shawn get moved out of their house and into ours.

I'm sure to wake up sore in the morning. It may be from the race...it may be from the move.

I may not be able to get out of bed in the morning. If I do...it may be just a slow walk to the couch.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment