Wednesday, May 5, 2010

THERE AREN'T ENOUGH HOURS...

Life at our house...is about to get...CRAZIER !

As it is...grandson Mason lives with us...daughter Julie lives with us...and at the end of next week...daughter Jaime...her husband Shawn...and our other 2 grandkids move in with us.

WHY?

Well...after a year of trying...they've finally sold their house. Their goal now is to build the house that they want...but like so many others...they needed to sell the existing one. So while they're building...they are moving in with us to: 1] have a place to stay and 2] save a little money.

Will it be interesting? Will we like each other? Will I be more stressed? Will I get less sleep?

I'm sure I'll answer Yes and No depending on what day you ask.

I'm also pretty sure that during my final days of life...I won't look back and say...IT WAS BORING!


Dan

4 comments:

  1. after almost two years...and you wont want us to ever leave! =) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you the best in this endeavor. Ha! But, I'm not hopeful. I'm trying to think of a rule to handle these situations, but the truth is I'm struck dumb. As I type this, this morning while everyone is asleep, I see a dirty napkin and crumbs on the table, a dirty plate on the counter, and a goddamned (cussing happens the more this shit happens) dirty bowl in the sink. Now... I know how these goddamned things got there - and it is because of the idea that "mother" is in the house and she'll take care of it. If I had my way, I'd recommend a lobotomy to remove that idea so that that "person" moving back in does not recognize anyone else in the house and in fact believes that they are in boot camp among strangers and must, by the laws of God Himself, BE such a nice and responsible person that they can't shit without cleaning up their own mess, turning off the lights after they use them, watch my goddamned tv stations, help with the meal, PAY something to the general pot and be soooo good that I'll like them. Alas, I'm just dreaming. As Margaret (the blogger) says, I mean it, really. Ha! All I can hope for is that someday... SOMEDAY, there will be a payback! Vengeance is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and by the way, Dan. If you come through this with your sanity in tact, then all those good things I said about you were gross understatements. You will be a Saint, with a capital "S". The Pope better pay you a visit the next time he's in country and kiss your ring because he is in the presence of a god.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, you could just all love each other, choose to be honest with one another every day, choose to honor and prefer one another.
    Oh, wait - you already do.
    That's what you and Cindy taught your girls, that's the way you want to teach the children to live. It probably won't be perfect, everyone will stretch and everyone will grow - what else were you going to do for the next year or so?
    I think it's going to be a time you'll look back on and smile.
    Wish we could be closer. Can't wait to read the blogs. : )

    ReplyDelete