Sunday, May 2, 2010

REPLACE A NEGATIVE...WITH A POSITIVE

I just read an article in the Chicago Sun-Times that had my 'insides' turning and my mind racing. Two young college girls were out celebrating and on their way home...when they were attacked by a 'baseball bat' wielding thug. Those girls are alive...but they will never be the same. With much promise for their future...that future now may be under the care of a family member or a professional caretaker...if they survive at all.

They have captured the culprit. A thug...and his girlfriend. I can't say 'a man'...because he isn't. There's just not a word that can describe a person who could do that. Well...a few words I could use to describe 'him' shouldn't be used in print that other people might read.

As a father of girls...and grandfather of a beautiful granddaughter...my mind races. My mind thinks that...if I'm the father...I'd ask for the culprit, an empty room, and a baseball bat...from the police...and about 10 minutes alone.

But then...I'd fall into 'his' category. I might feel better...but it wouldn't be right...and it wouldn't help my daughter.

So what do you do?

Well, I'm going to think of something more positive. I'm replacing the negative thinking...with positive.

I'm going to think about the article in the Lafayette paper...about the 100 year old woman who had a surprise birthday party given for her yesterday at a local restaurant. In attendance with her...was her 98 year old and 91 year old sisters.

Now 'that'...brings a smile to my face!


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment