Wednesday, May 12, 2010

BITE YOUR TONGUE

Ever bite your tongue? Most of us should do it every day...you know...shut our mouth when we want to blurt out something...and then think later..."wish I wouldn't have said that".

But no...I mean 'literally' bite your tongue. A few days ago, I must have been very hungry and thought my tongue was part of my food and chomped down on it. OUCH! I bit the side of my tongue.

Today...on the third day...it still hurts. It seems a little swollen so even now, when I bite down my tongue still gets in the way occasionally.

It seems to feed upon itself. Tongue hurts...don't bite down...bite down anyway...bite tongue again...tongue hurts...repeat.

Now it seems to even be affecting my speech...I can't seem to get that big fat tongue out of the way to form the words on that side.

There's lots of times I 'need' to bite my tongue. Just not this way.


Dan

1 comment: