Friday, May 14, 2010

BACK TO SMALL'ER' TOWN LIVING

It's no secret...I'm not a 'big city' fan. I'm a little better than I used to be (see prior blogs) but I really have no use for them. A good place to visit...but never want to live there.

Tomorrow...Cindy & I head to Chicago to help move Joni & Ryan back to Lafayette. After 3 years (4 for Ryan) of Chicago lifestyle...they head back to the small town...well...small'er' anyway.

Here...they will consider a traffic jam consisting of sitting through a stop light for 2 cycles. Here...people don't park bumper-to-bumper in front of your house...for blocks and blocks. Here...they can probably leave the car unlocked and the keys in the ignition...although I wouldn't suggest it. They could leave the house unlocked...but again wouldn't suggest it.

I know Joni & Ryan will miss the positives of what Chicago brings. But they can drive up there anytime they wish to get their 'Chicago fix'.

Here...mom and dad will be within 5 minutes. Good food will be home-cooked. Sisters will be in the same town. Nieces and nephews will love having them come watch them swim, ride horses, play ballgames, have school functions...and just need someone new to be with.

They'll miss some things of Chicago...but they'll 'love' what they're getting by moving back home.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment