Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Self-Storage Units

Going to my softball game today on the west side of town (we play at an indoor facility in the winter), I saw a new Self-Storage Unit has opened at the intersection where I turn. When Cindy and I were out yesterday we drove by the old Toys-R-Us store on the southeast side of town and saw they are refurbishing it. The rumor mill has it that it too will become a storage unit building. 

We live on the south side of town and within a 1-minute drive to the south and north of us, there are Self-Storage units. I’m spit-balling here, but I’d guess there are 15 such businesses within our city…downtown, north, south, east and west. 

If I go down to our basement, I see that Cindy and I have our own self-storage unit down there. We were sure that the girls would want their dolls and games and baby blankets and pictures that they grew up with when they got older…so we saved that stuff for them…lots of it. 

The short answer to the question do they want that stuff, is…NO! 

It’s all interesting to them and it brings back fond memories when we talk about it or when they see it…but they don’t want to be burdened with having it at their houses. So it just comes down to the fact that Cindy and I have too much stuff that we need to start getting rid of. And apparently, based on the fact that there are so many storage units in our city…places that you have to pay money for them to keep your stuff…we ALL have too much crap. 

Well for us, that’s gonna stop. We’re gonna start getting rid of that stuff. It’s gonna be a lot of hard work but it’ll be nice when it’s done. I think we’ll start on that tomorrow…or maybe next week.

REMEMBER
Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.

Be talkin’ to ya. 
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment