Saturday, January 23, 2021

The Beatles Part 2

The LEGO building continues. 

If you missed one of my prior articles, my kids got me a Beatles LEGO set for my birthday. I finished the John Lennon photo (look at prior blog) and today I post one of Paul McCartney. 

The slow part of the process was taking the 3000 Lego pieces off the board from John’s picture, a job which took several hours over 2 days. Putting them back on for Paul’s seemed to go a little faster. 

Cindy and I saw Paul in concert back in the '90s (nearly 30 years ago). It was a wonderful concert with a chance to see and hear him play and sing many of the Beatle tunes we grew up with. I felt a little nostalgic at times...my mind going back to those early years of hearing those songs. He played many Beatle’s hits as well as some songs from his post-Beatle years. He spoke fondly of his Beatle mates and played a song dedicated to John with whom he wrote many of those great Beatle hits. 

Cindy and I had an opportunity to see Paul again in 2019 but chose not to go. It was about a 3 hour drive on a weeknight and the tickets were about $1500, but those weren’t the reason I didn’t want to go. I was afraid after 30 years, his voice wouldn’t be as good as when we saw him that first time (those were the stories I was reading from those who had attended his recent concerts), and I just didn’t want to be disappointed. I didn't want to spoil our memories of that wonderful time we had before. 

Silly thinking probably...and if I had another opportunity...I might chance it.



REMEMBER: 
Don’t let someone change who you are, to become what they need. Live so that you can look any man in the eye and tell him to go to hell.

Be talkin' to ya.
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment