Saturday, January 1, 2011

COULD BE BETTER...COULD BE WORSE

Just got back from filling our cars with gas. At current price...spent $103.

A co-worker and I were discussing gas prices this week and he suggested that there may be only one good thing about the current economy issues. If the economy was clicking like we'd like for it to be...gas would probably by $5 a gallon...rather than the $3 it is now. Then...rather than saying I spent $103...I'd be saying I spent $165.

I recall the Oldsmobile I had for my first car. I'd put in $2 worth of gas and it'd get me nearly 1/2 tank. Those days are gone.

Speaking of gas in the old days...my gas station of choice to fill up was the Crystal Flash station on Washington Avenue in Vincennes. In those days, one of the guys that worked at the station owned a 1970 Mustang Boss 429. It was a good looking muscle car.

Earlier today...I was watching an auto auction on TV and they had '2' 1970 Boss's at the auction. They had been restored and looked like they just came off the assembly line. One sold for $195,000...the other for $250,000.

Wish I'd bought that Boss from the guy at the Crystal Flash and kept it in storage. That would have been a good investment.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment