Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SHRIMPIN' BIDNESS

One of my all-time favorite movies is Forrest Gump...and of the many, many quotable lines from the movie...one of them is when Bubba is telling Forrest of the many ways shrimp can be served. "There's fried shrimp, shrimp ka-bobs, shrimp n potatoes...."


When I saw this headline, I immediately thought of the movie...and when Forrest and Bubba first arrive in Vietnam, and Bubba...who is planning on becoming a 'shrimpin boat captain'...is telling Forrest how he bets there's all kinds of shrimp in these there waters...and after we 'win' the war...we could come over here and catch all kinds of shrimp.


Well...thanks in part to the gulf oil spill last summer...the U.S. helped Vietnam hit a record high in shrimp exporting.


Way to go Bubba.




Dan

1 comment:

  1. I see that the Gulf oil spill commission determined the spill fault was BP and Halliburton. I already knew that.

    Thanks, Dan.

    ReplyDelete