Monday, January 31, 2011

KID'S ARTWORK

This article caught my eye...talking about 'artwork' that our kids make...and what to do with it. Some of it makes its way to the refrigerator for display...some will make its way into a 'little folder' for special papers...that then gets tucked away into a drawer...not to be seen again.

Cindy & I tried to always put the girls artwork on the fridge...or on the walls. When we moved to our current house...a lot of the artwork made its way with us...plus more that they continued to make. We started putting all the artwork on the walls in the garage. A lot of it is still there.

Then as the 3 grandkids came along and they went through pre-school and then kindergarten, 1st, 2nd and now 3rd grade...we've seen lots of artwork.

With the garage walls full of the girls' stuff...the gkids artwork made its way to the walls of the stairs to the basement.

We obviously haven't kept everything...but there are some special ones that we kept. In fact...at Christmas time this year...we brought a few of the 'Christmasy' ones made during their pre-school years out from the basement...to put on the walls in the living room.

One of my tasks this past summer...was a plan to paint the walls of the garage. Of course...that would mean throwing away all that artwork. My usual procrastination put the job on delay...and it never got done.

Interestingly this fall...Jaime...not knowing of my plans to remove all the garage artwork so it could get repainted...mentioned that when they get their house built...she's looking forward to having a garage...to have a place to display much of her kids' artwork. (I didn't have the heart to tell her of 'my' plan!)

I guess one of these days I'll pull all that artwork down from the garage walls and the basement walls.

But for now...I'm kinda enjoying it.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment