Sunday, February 20, 2011

RICH AND ADVENTUROUS

That's the headline that caught my eye...'Rich and Adventurous'.

The headline was in regard to Kathleen Harriman Mortimer...a woman 'born' into money...and 'married' into more money...who died recently at age 93.

Mrs. Mortimer led a very charmed life...a quite interesting life. Her obituary is attached.

Personally...I had never heard of her. For those in 'the well to do' aspect of life...I'm sure she was well known...or at least...heard of. The last paragraph of her obit...indicates there were parts of her life...that even her children were unaware. They hadn't heard of her...that part of her...either.

I think my obituary might read...'Lazy and Lucky'...or 'Fat and Sassy'. I'm pretty sure it won't say...'Rich and Adventurous'.

Well...not 'money' rich...but rich in other ways. Blessed might be a better way. Yeah that's it. George Daniel Clark...'Rich in Blessings'.

I hope I'm...93...before you read my obiturary. That gives me about 35 years to do the 'Adventurous' part!


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment