Sunday, March 27, 2011

DAY 2

Cindy & I got a nice breakfast in our bellies...and headed for the pool. There was 1 cloud in the sky when we got there...and it soon went away. The temps finally hit 90 degrees and the water felt good. Julie had to work today...so Mason and Eric came over and joined us for the day. They have a fun water slide and a water fall to swim under...and Mason enjoyed every moment. When he and Eric finally headed home...Cindy & I guessed that Mason was asleep long before they got to the house...maybe before the 1st stoplight past the hotel! Cindy & I cleaned off the sunscreen...we both found a few sunburned places where we didn't get enough sunscreen...and headed out for a bite to eat. We ended up at Landry's Seafood House and had a great meal. As we headed out of the parking lot on the way home...a guy flagged us down in the parking lot...I thought maybe he might need a jump for his car. He goes on to tell us a 'hard luck' story about losing his job in Michigan...living out of a van with his wife and daughter...and needing some money...any money...for a meal. I asked him if he was pulling my leg...and gave him some money. As we pulled away, I asked Cindy if I was a fool...and she said I did the right thing...and if he was lying to us...then 'that' was on him. Finally back to the hotel...to sit up in bed for awhile...as we were both too full to lay down. A good second day. It's been a great time with Cindy. Dan

1 comment: