Saturday, March 26, 2011

THE TRIP...DAY 1

Woke up early at our Indy hotel and Cindy, grandson Mason, and I headed to the airport. Everything went about as well as could be...landing 10 minutes early in Orlando.

Julie & Eric met up with us while we waited for luggage and car rental. Followed them to their house...what a nice place in Ocoee (O-KO-EE). Decided we were all hungry and headed to get a bite to eat. A good lunch...Cindy & I downed 2 big ice teas...and we've been peeing ever since.

Stopped at Walmart to buy some drinks and snax to take to our hotel. Had to pee while at Walmart...and guy was talking on his cell phone...while doing his business! Now...that's a phone call I don't want to answer!!

Headed to our hotel while Mason went to J & E's. Got to our hotel...Caribe Royale...what a nice place. Texted the kids to let them know we were in. Julie texted back that Mason was playing in his room...loving it already.

A little sales pitch for those of you who don't have one. Three letters. G-P-S. If you don't have one...get one. I don't think I could get around in a place having to use maps and reading it...driving...missing a turn...blah, blah, blah. I just entered the address I needed to drive to...and let the GPS tell me where to turn, what road to get on, and how much further it is. Cindy calls ours...Stella...the Street Talker.

We are relaxin'...and feelin' good. Day 1...has gone as good as we could ask.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment