Wednesday, November 4, 2009

PROCRASTINATION

I was going to write a story about procrastination…but decided I’d wait and think about it some more.










Now I don’t care what anybody says…that’s funny!

Oh well, maybe not. Anyway, I am a self-confessed procrastinator. When something is presented to me, I want to step back from the situation and gather more information before proceeding.

Sometimes…that may take just a few minutes, and I don’t see anything wrong with that. Knee-jerk reactions will many times get people in trouble. Responding immediately doesn’t allow a person time to think things through…to evaluate if there are better choices…or to see if the problem doesn’t just fix itself…or change in a manner that another approach will be better than your original approach.

But I’ll agree, sometimes my procrastination goes a little too far. Cindy has mentioned for a year that she wants to paint the hallway to the bedrooms and then put up some new pictures with new lighting to highlight the new pictures.

Whoa there!…there’s some major plannin’ that has to take place here. What color paint do we get? Will the painting of the hall lead to painting needed in other rooms too? Do we have the pictures yet? Do we have the frames that the pictures will go in? Where do you want to hang these pictures? What type of lighting will we need to highlight them? Will we need to run new electric for the new lighting?

I get so busy planning that I don’t have time to ‘do’.

Now I know this would drive some of you lady readers crazy. Suddenly you don’t like Dan any more…"I never knew that about him!"..."He’d drive me nuts!!"

Welcome to Cindy’s World!!

I'm a pretty good guy…but I aint perfect. Well…let me think about that!


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment