Friday, November 6, 2009

GETTING TOGETHER...FOR HAPPY TIMES

Tomorrow morning my children and grandchildren will meet at our house. We'll then head to my hometown and be a part of a family gathering.

Too many times in the past, we have done this, to honor the passing of a family member. It's good to get together and see our family...but it's a sad reason for doing so.

Tomorrow, we make the trip to gather for a wedding. My great niece will be marrying tomorrow. (Great niece?...man that makes me sound old!)

My brother from San Francisco will be there...my sister from Atlanta will be there...my niece from Cincinatti will be there...and my family from Owensville...my roots...will be there.

We will gather to celebrate...to watch and be a part of the ceremony where Kelly...will marry Jeremy.

Our family met Jeremy at the family reunion this summer. He's a perfect fit for our family. He's got a good sense of humor...and a good sense of family.

I will enjoy the time with my wife... children... grandchildren... brother... sister... nieces... nephews. We will celebrate. We will dance. We will love. Life will be good.

We too often don't get a chance to enjoy life. Tomorrow we will enjoy it.


Dan

1 comment: