Tuesday, July 13, 2010

HAF...and JIMI HENDRIX

Saw this article and got an immediate giggle. The topic was not the cause of the giggle...it's about an artist that worked with Jimi Hendrix years ago, who is now wanting to get his share of money from a song he wrote with Jimi...but the giggle came from the words in the header...'Scuse me?'

In high school of late '60s and early '70s, we had a number of great artists that are still current 40 years later. Jimi Hendrix was one of them. Jimi isn't around today...but his music is still heard on the radio. One of the songs of that day was 'Purple Haze'. The opening lyrics of Purple Haze are:

Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

One day, several of the gang was in a car (mine, Crater's, Morg's, or Haf's, or...) and the song Purple Haze came on. As we all began to sing along...and the song passed this opening set of lyrics...Byron (Haf) said..."I didn't know he was singing kiss the sky...I thought he was saying 'kiss this guy'.."

Obviously there were laughs all around. I can't hear that song without thinking of Haf and that day.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment