Sunday, July 25, 2010

THE LOST WEEK

There's been books and movies about 'The Lost Weekend'...don't know if there's been 'lost weeks'...but I've sure had one.

About 10 days ago I had a medical procedure done...and after a few days of feeling good...an infection decided to set in and for the last week I've been trying to recover from it.

After a couple of days of Advil and Tylenol...with no success...the doctor prescribed Cipro...an oral antibiotic.

After a few doses of that...with no success...and a few more tests to figure out what might be going on...the doctor prescribed Rocephin...a stronger antibiotic in IV form. That was followed by 5 days of IM Rocephin (the 5th day being tomorrow).

It took a few doses of the Rocephin to kick in...but finally on Day 4...I am alert...oriented...without fever...without headaches and body aches...and feeling better.

Suffice it to say...my infection was one that was resistant to 'normal' antibiotics...and had to take the 'super-duper' brand...to kick it's butt.

I'm glad...and I'm back.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. so sorry...sometimes antibiotics make you feel as sick and what you are taking them for! Does that run in the family??

    ReplyDelete