Friday, July 30, 2010

TIMES HAVE CHANGED

An east coast teacher has been suspended with pay...and charged with sexual assault charges...for spanking an unruly student in his class. Wow!

I can remember days at Franklin Elementary and at Clark Junior High School...that it wasn't uncommon to hear the "WHACK" of the paddle hitting some students rear end for not obeying a school policy...or disobeying someone in authority (anyone in the school who was not another student).

Not only can the teachers NOT expect a student to be respectful and obey some rules...they face police charges.

I have more respect for teachers these days...than ever...because of their love for what they do...the poor pay they receive for the education they have to have...and the Bullsh** they have to put up with...and still are willing to do it.

God Bless them. I don't think I could do it. In fact...I'm pretty sure I couldn't/wouldn't do it.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment