Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WORK ANNIVERSARY

Today...July 6, 2010...I started my 35th year at my job. Cindy & I moved to Lafayette the end of June in 1976. We signed the dotted line to buy our first house on June 29...and I hadn't even worked my first day on the job yet. I started July 6, 1976.

I've had the good fortune to work for a good hospital system, who was willing to take a chance on a 22-year old kid who'd never had a job in a hospital setting before. For the previous 4 years, I had taken classes and tests and certifications and done internships and 'learned on the job'...but never had to produce and earn my keep...to the level the hospital would ask.

In turn...the hospital got a young kid...who was willing to work...willing to learn...dedicated...and loyal.

I guess the meeting of those two factors...a willing employer...and a willing employee...paid off for both of us.

Today...I walked in their doors for the 35th consecutive year. I'm kinda proud of that.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. Our greatest patriot isn't the warrior we send to war. It's the guy who builds a community and a family of good men and women through work and love. You did a good job, Dan.

    ReplyDelete