Sunday, July 4, 2010

FOURTH OF JULY...RE-EDITED

Today is the 4th of July. I thought it fitting to ask everyone to read the attached story. It will take you about 15 minutes...but is worth your time.

It is sad, but uplifting. It is painful, but healing. It is about the bringing together...of sorts...of a divorced husband and wife. It is about a brother on a path to nowhere...who found new meaning.

It is about a boy...facing manly challenges of unbelievable depth.

It is a sad, sad, story...with a happy ending.

Happy 4th of July.


Dan

EDITOR'S NOTE:
July 5
One of my faithful readers commented that they didn't see the 'happy ending' in the story...and I couldn't agree more.

At the time, the positives I was seeing from the story was the 'sorta' getting along...of this young mans' parents...as they struggle with him, and for him, through his ordeal. Divorced parents who obviously had their differences...but were united in the love for their son. I also saw a positive from the brother...who was seemingly...180 degrees difference from his brother. But when it came 'right down to it'...he loved his brother so much that he saw the dedicated care that he would require and decided...'I will be the one who gives'...and quit his job (a lucrative one at that...so it sounds)...to give the care that his brother would require...now...AND long term.

I guess 'those' were the 'happy endings' that I saw.

But there is no 'happy ending' for this young man. His life...as he knew it...ended on that day in a far-away land. He has...to some extent...thus far...accepted the fate that has been thrown at him...but he still has ordeals that you and I and 'he' can't begin to comprehend.

But you have to admire this 23-year old 'man'. We would wish for him...a happy ending...whatever that might be for him.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Dan. You also hoped for a happy ending in spite of the obstacles in his face. I wish everything in the world for him and his family. God Bless Him.

    ReplyDelete