Saturday, July 17, 2010

VICARIOUS VISIT TO EUROPE

My brother, Dave, and wife Chris, have been in Europe for the last week and still have a week to go. Dave has been kind enough to take lots of pictures and put them on Facebook for all the family and their friends to see.

They started out in Stockholm, Sweden and are currently in Paris, France. They still have London, England to see before heading back home to San Francisco.

The pictures and comments that Dave has sent back have been terrific. He joked in yesterdays photo journal...that they have seen 1/10 of 1% of Paris and can only remember 1/10 of what they've seen. There is just 'so much' to see...they can't take it all in fast enough. (I believe I detect a future return to Paris...for a much longer time frame to take more of it in).

It has been very enjoyable to go on Dave's 'virtual tour'. For those of our family...it's 'our' first visit there and been quite a trip.

It'll have to do...until we can get there ourselves.


Dan

2 comments:

  1. I think doing Paris while younger, i.e., before 60, would be a LOT better. Maybe a little less pooped. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta go,Dan!! Absolutely incredible, unforgettable...and Dave's right, you'll never see it ALL. My current profile pic is from Paris...that's one of the legs of the Eiffel Tower behind me, and I'm holding a beer. :)

    ReplyDelete