Friday, December 3, 2010

CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

I've been on-call with the hospital since Thanksgiving morning...so it's been a lonnnng week. I haven't felt too Christmas'y this week to help Cindy get the house ready...until today. My call time stopped at 7am. So after work, I came home...parked the car outside the garage...went inside and pulled down the attic ladder and proceeded to bring ALL the Christmas decorations down from the attic.

This year was much easier...as Shawn was here to help me. I went in the attic...and handed it all down to Shawn. All 20 tubs...you know the ones...about the size of a big cooler. And yes...there are at least 20 tubs. It will take Cindy (and I'll help a little) most of the weekend to get it all in the right place.

I've already put some strings of light outside...but I got too cold and am too tired to overdo it. So tomorrow...we'll get to making the house Christmas'y.

It's gonna be a great Christmas. In recent years, it was Cindy & I and Mason (if he was with us and not with his dad) and Julie. We'd have to wait until Jaime & Shawn and kids had their Christmas at their house before they came over here to see what Santa brought all of us. And Ryan and Joni were in Chicago and probably sleeping in at 'his' parents house until it was time to come over.

But this Christmas...Ryan & Joni now live up the road. And all the remaining kids and all the grandkids live under our roof. My guess is that Christmas will be VERY early Christmas morning...so the grandkids can see what Santa brought.

First the decorations will go up this weekend...and then the big fun in a few more weeks.

I'm now in the Christmas spirit. It will be a great Christmas.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment