Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A TRIP WEST...NEEDED

Eight years ago, I spent a few days in San Francisco with my sister and neice. The purpose for our trip was to be a part of our brothers' (and uncles') wedding.

We had an opportunity to visit a number of the 'touristy' part of San Francisco...Fisherman's Wharf...Golden Gate Bridge... Ghirardelli Square...the lights of downtown at night...a drive down Lombard Street...Coit Tower...Chinatown...a ride on a cable car...

When I returned home (Cindy didn't go) I told Cindy what a cool city San Francisco was to visit...and that we needed to go visit sometime.

Well...it's 8 years later...and we still haven't gone. Shame on me for not doing that. My brother has made a number of trips to see us in those 8 years...and I haven't made 1 to go there.

That needs to move to near the top of my 'to do' list.

Also...Happy Anniversary Dave & Chris.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Dan. We'll have to plan that trip. Only wish I had a spare bed, but, since we have beggars living here too... I'll have to drag you the Beach Blanket Babylon, a Napa winery, maybe take a wine train if we can schedule it, have to get some of that awful Ghirardelli Chocolate and the terrible clam chowder on Pier 39 (or 40, 41 or 42) and dinner in the Cliff House. Make it in a warmer season.

    ReplyDelete