Wednesday, December 15, 2010

GOING GREEN AND THE BMV

Daughter Joni reminded me today of a new problem we may be creating. She had a run-in with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles today. She had to provide multiple forms of ID...and barely eeked out what was needed.

The BMV asks for proof of residence and proof of ID. Usually, I think a passport, social security card, paystub and a utility bill are some of the items that will work. I think HIGH on the list...is some type of proof of residence...so a bill with your name and address on it.

I, like many people, have tried to 'go green' with many of the places that send us bills. I pay almost everything 'on-line' and do all my banking on line. Couldn't tell you the last time I've seen the inside of a bank lobby...or mailed a bill into a company with a check in the envelope.

So...since I have no bills coming to my house with my name and address on them...how can I take one to the BMV when I need to get something done?

Maybe the BMV will adjust to the 'new way' of things.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!


Dan

1 comment: