Tuesday, December 29, 2009

NO FREE TV? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

As most of you know from previous blogs, there is no cable or dish TV at the Clark house. Our TV watching is FREE. Whatever comes in over the airwaves and can be picked up by my antenna, is what we watch.

Now it sounds like the new future of TV, could be ALL 'paid' TV. Free TV may be going the way of Buick and dinosaurs...they just don't...or won't...exist anymore.

It seems with the growth of 'pay-TV', with more and more channel options, the 'free-TV' system is losing more and more advertising dollars...and those stations can't compete with the system that has advertising 'AND' fees being paid into its coffers.

Since they "can't beat 'em"...they may have to "join 'em", and start charging fees. Thus...the demise of free TV.

It may not happen this year...or next...but it's likely gonna happen. Now for those of you faithful readers who have been 'paying for TV' for years, you may think "just MAN-UP Dan" and join the new millennium.

My thought is...I don't mind doing it if it's available and I 'choose' to join. I just hate to 'have to'... if I don't 'want to'.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment