Friday, September 24, 2010

FIRE AND WATER

It's been a tension-filled week and Friday afternoon was a welcome sight.

It was windy today so I had the usual limbs down in the yard when I got home. I ran some errands as we prepare for a big day tomorrow, then I picked up the grandkids at the babysitter and headed back home.

While they unwound from a week of school...I headed out to the yard and picked up a bunch of limbs and threw them in the fire pit. Once I got a good fire going, I grabbed a chair, pulled it up near the fire...and unwound...just watching the fire.

I think one of the things Cindy & I enjoy when we're at the beach, is how you can just get mesmerized watching the water. Equally, I can get mesmerized watching a fire burn in the fireplace or in the fire pit.

While I was relaxing, I knew my time would be interrupted by someone wondering what was for supper tonight...and eventually...the interruption came...but until it happened...my week got a little better just unwinding...watching some of my worries burn up in the fire.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment