Thursday, September 9, 2010

GOOGLED

Today at work, I needed to 'Google' something. Many (most?)(all?) of you know about Google. It is a search engine...or a computer tool...to help you find almost anything...about anything.

Maybe you've been in a conversation with someone and you asked them a question...and maybe they responded...'Google it'.

If you want to know how to fix spaghetti...enter the word 'google' in you tool bar at the top of your internet page...and when Google appears...enter 'how do I fix spaghetti' in the blank line. You will get article after article on how to fix spaghetti.

If you want to change the oil filter on your 1947 Plymouth Valient...you can Google it and find out the recommended oil type, filter and how to change it...and how to safely 'greenly' exchange your old oil.

If you want to know 'who' invented your Plymouth...you can Google that too. I don't think there's a topic...or person...you can't find out about.

Thus came my latest idea. I wonder if I can Google....me?

For the hell of it...I Googled...Dan Clark. Well...I found out there are a whole lot of 'me' out there. We are doctors, professional hockey players, pastors, convicted felons, professional wrestlers and motivational speakers...to name a few.

I wasn't on Page 1 of the many listings...nor page 2...not on page 10...nope on page 20...nada on page 30...nothin' on page 40...but at the bottom of page 44...is a link to me and 'this' blog site.

I'm not the very last Dan Clark to be on Google...there are 47 pages of us in all. Personally...I'm glad I'm way back on page 44. If I was on page 1...I'd have probably done something bad, or be a little more 'famous' than I want to be.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Me too! Glad to be in the very back pages, that is, whatever page that is. I did the same thing and didn't have the patience to search beyond 50 pages. That's okay with me.

    ReplyDelete