Thursday, September 2, 2010

NEW INVENTION IDEA

Alright...all you inventors...I have something for you to work on. Today...in my short 15 minute drive home...I followed a teen/20 something...who was obviously busy texting instead of driving. While we were stopped at a stoplight...another teen/20 something...coming from the other direction...passed by with head down texting. Last week...Cindy & I followed another vehicle with the driver obviously texting as they alternated between speeding up...slowing down...veering near the center line...

In Indiana, it is NOT against the law to use our cell phones for talking...or texting...while driving. I believe in my brother's state of California...it is. I am going to bet though...that there are still plenty of people who do it there...law or not.

The inventors need to come up with something that stops reception of phone service behind the wheel of the car. Passengers can get reception and thus can talk or text on the phone...but the driver does NOT get it.

That's my only solution to this GROWING problem. Whether you have a law against it or not...people are going to talk on their phone...and text on their phone...while driving. Until someone just makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get reception while a person's butt is sitting in the driver's seat...it will continue.

I'm now to the point that I don't mind someone TALKING on the phone while driving...at least they can look and see what's happening in front of them. You can't do that if you're looking down to text.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment