Tuesday, September 21, 2010

YOU TALKIN' TO ME?

I caught myself today...doing something I have caught myself doing before. I talked to myself...outloud.

I did a quick look around to see if someone heard me and there was no one around.

Now it wasn't like I was carrying on a major conversation...I said 2 words out loud. So I'm not a major self-talker...or in politically correct language...'intrapersonal communication'.

I googled to see what else I could find about talking to oneself...and mostly I found discussions of Autism...and mental health issues. But those people were talking to themselves constantly, carrying on several sides of the conversation, answering their own questions aloud.

This was just 2 little words. I'm gonna guess some of you readers have caught yourself saying something out loud too.

Let me know if I'm the only goofy one...or if you have found yourself talking aloud too. I'm betting we all do it once in awhile.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. Yea, it's a little embarrassing. I've got it too. But, the question is: What did you say?

    Another thing is that now days we who do this can create a quick "cover." We can pretend we're talking on a cell phone. Wasn't too long ago that we couldn't do that.

    ReplyDelete