Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WHAT'S THAT SMELL ?

I, for one, like the smell of a new car. It doesn't last long, but for some reason...I just like it. I've never seen it in a can that you can apparently spray in your 'older' car to make it smell like a new one...but it's supposedly out there.

Until reading this article, I never made the connection of how hard it is for car manufacturers to make sure a new car smells the way 'most' people like a new car to smell...rather than some component of 'all' the different parts and oils and plastic and metal and carpeting and rubber and leather that is inside your car.

And they even have 'teams' of individuals whose job is to make sure that new car smell isn't offensive.

I think that might be a good job for me when I retire. Well...maybe not. I bet even that job gets old...after awhile.


Dan

1 comment:

  1. I saw a guy around 1973 in the Yokosuka Naval Base Hospital that did what I always wanted to do. He was around 70 years old. He walked to that potted plant in the hall and watered it, then he walked to this plant and watered it, then the next and the next, down the hall he went taking about 20 minutes for the entire hallway. Not a care in the world, or appeared that way.

    ReplyDelete