Thursday, August 19, 2010

ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME?

Surgery has been around for a long time. In recent years...laporoscopy surgery has been a big success...allowing patients shorter recovery times since the surgery is done using scopes and instruments passed through smaller holes in the abdomen...rather than big surgery scars from openings made in the body.

More recently...da Vinci surgery is a new thing...where a surgeon uses laporoscopic techniques...but the surgeon uses a remote controlled robot type device to be the hands...that he controls from the corner of the room. Quite amazing.

Well...here's something I've never heard of...surgery using normal 'orifices' that we already have in the body. For example...removing the stomach through the mouth.

It sounds interesting...but I'm pretty sure...the doctor's gonna have to do some serious talking to get me to agree to have anything removed from inside of me...through an existing orifice. There are some things that I just don't want to know...passed through my orifices!!


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment