Friday, August 13, 2010

A PLEDGE TO HELP OTHERS

I've said for a long time...if I would win the lottery...the fun wouldn't be in the things I could do for me...but for everyone else.

How fun it would be to secretly fly in to San Francisco, drive up to my brothers' front door...tell him to drop everything, cause we're getting on a plane and taking off to some fascinating place he's never been and just have a great time.

Or how fulfilling it would be to drop in at a YMCA or Boys 'n' Girls club and ask the manager..."What do you need?"...and then go buy it...lots of it.

Or to ask the teachers at a local school..."What can I get for you, that you need but can't afford?"...and go get it.

Or to take an ill or elderly family member 'anywhere they want to go'.

Or see a family at a grocery store...knowing they need food for their clan, but not able to get everything they would like...and pull a couple extra carts in front of them and tell them to fill them up with what they need...and pay the cashier to ring it up...on me.

I'm not at the level of Bill Gates or Warren Buffet...but this is somewhat their plan too...just on a much bigger level.

The fun of having it...isn't in keeping it...but seeing who you could help along the way.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment