Sunday, August 8, 2010

ENTERTAIN ME

We love to be entertained. It is no secret that I love to watch college basketball...particularly my favorite team...the Boilers. I am entertained watching them when they are at their best. But we enjoyed going when they were at their worst.

I enjoy other sports too...some more than others. I enjoy girls beach volleyball...(what guy wouldn't?). I can watch golf...for awhile...pro sports...for awhile. Heck...I've watched horse shoe pitching...just because it can be entertaining.

We love being entertained. Thousands will watch 10 guys try to eat 60 hot dogs in 12 minutes. Why? I'm not sure. We know it can't be healthy for them...but we watch.

Apparently thousands will watch guys get into a sauna...and see how long they can last in 'amazing' heat conditions. I am amazed at how hot and uncomfortable it can get in these hot, humid summer days in Indiana. When it's 90 degrees outside...and the humidity is equally as high...it is just almost unbearable to 'sit' outside in it...let alone 'work' in it.

In this story...it is apparently a goal of the entrants to stay as long as they can in the sauna...bearing unbelievable temperatures. 100 degrees is hot. 120 is Arizona type heat. 140 is mid-eastern type heat that our soldiers have to endure. But 230 degrees. Are you kidding me? Water boils at 212. Is their blood boiling within their bodies?

Not only are people doing it...people are watching it. I don't get it. That's not entertainment...it's idiotic...it's cruel and inhumane.

Entertain me. But don't give me nightmares.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment