Monday, August 23, 2010

C S N + 40

In about a 1/2 hour, Cindy & I are on our way to Indianapolis to meet up with some friends and go to an outdoor concert featuring Crosby, Stills and Nash. We are looking forward to a good time and some good music from our younger years.

Back in 1970 or so, 4 of us guys got tickets to see Crosby, Stills and Nash in Indianpolis. They were still pretty 'hot' then as they were really discovered at Woodstock in 1969 and had recorded some great songs over the next year.

Byron (Haf) drove the red convertible (forget what the model was...Dodge or Plymouth maybe) with the top down. My first experience in a convertible over a long drive. My hair was so 'ratted' from the wind that I think it took 2 days to comb the rats out.

The other passengers were Mark (Morg) Morgan and Sam Gelb (Morg had to remind me).

After our 2 hour drive to Indianapolis from Vincennes...we pulled up to the Coliseum to read a note on the doors that said the concert was CANCELLED.

Well...40 years later...I'm finally gonna get a chance to see them. I'm looking forward to it.


Dan

1 comment: