Monday, November 22, 2010

GRANDMA

Well...since I talked about granddad on Saturday...I guess it's only fair I talk about grandma today. This time...on moms' side. Today grandma Fravel would be 130 years old.

Grandma was born in 1880. And yes...I do remember her. She died in 1965...I had just turned 11.

Grandma lived down on the south end of town in Owensville. My mom and dad and my brothers and sisters lived near there too...before my time. They moved to the house I 'do' remember before I was born. But I remember grandmas house.

The funniest story I remember about grandma, was when my cousin and I were playing outside her house...and she came out to ask us if we had seen her glasses...she couldn't find them. I remember telling her that they were 'on top of your head'. She had...as we glass wearers are sometimes known to do...pushed them up on top of her head...and forgot. Then she obviously spent some time looking for them in the house...before coming out to ask the grandkids if they'd seen them or done something with them.

I suppose I'll do something goofy to my grandkids...if I haven't done it already...that they'll recall 50 years from now.

I hope so.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment