Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NEW POLL

After work...I stopped off to vote...then came home to check email and Facebook before getting ready to go see my Boilers basketball team play tonight. Looking forward to a great basketball season.

While on Facebook...I thought it was interesting that you could click on a box to indicate to people that you voted. (I didn't click the box...because I don't think it's anybody else's business).

What made me chuckle...is that...as I write this...5,881,889 Facebook people say they have voted. The purpose for the chuckle...was because I wonder how factual this number really is. Usually at mid-term elections, such as this...voter turnout is usually very low. Yet 6 million Facebook folks say they voted.

I wonder if it's like the 600,000 people who say they attended Woodstock in 1969? Reports are that somewhere around 250,000 actually attended...but it's 'cool' to say "I was at Woodstock"...and who's gonna know?

Who's gonna know if 6 million people on Facebook voted? And for me...who cares?

I hope you voted. All I know is that I did...and that's all that counts.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment