Thursday, June 2, 2011

AHHHHH...SUMMER!

The grandkids had their last day of school today. Summer vacation officially started at 2:45.

I still remember that wonderful feeling back then...when you 'just' got out of school...and had the whole summer ahead of you. Of course...it just 'flew' by and before you knew it...you were back in school again. But that first day that school is out...is a great feeling.

Now...for me...the closest thing I can get is Friday afternoon...when I'm walking out to the car after just getting off work...and the weekend has just officially started...and I've got the whole weekend ahead of me.

Just like those summer vacations back in school...the weekend 'flies' by...but that walk out to the parking lot...feels 'sooooo' good.

I'm hoping my grandkids...and your kids or grandkids...have a great summer.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment