Sunday, June 12, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...OLD FRIEND

Today is my best friends birthday. This will be the 40th birthday I get to spend with the old girl. Yep. My wife...Cindy.

Referring to an old saying my dad would use...there's been a lot of water go under the bridge in those 40 years. We started dating in high school...after being 'just friends' from junior high. Our first birthday together...was after we had graduated.

Then there was the birthdays that came after other big events in our lives...after college...after we were married...after our move to Lafayette...after the births of our daughters...after the loss of loved ones...

But we've always been through it all...together.

She's a great mother to our children...she's the grandmother all grandchildren would love to have...and she's a great wife.

I'd love to lavish wonderful gifts on her. I'd hoped to take her on a nice trip...but work time for the both of us, and money, prevent it. I'd love to open the door to a lovely new home with all the 'fixins' in it that she would want...but she's willing to settle for the old place we've had for a long time.

I hope she'll just accept the gift that I've tried to give her for 40 years. Being a good guy to her...and telling her I love her.

Happy Birthday...to my best friend.  I love you.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment